Track time for everyone!
Skylimit Events regularly organizes track days at the Circuit Zolder. During these ‘free driving’ sessions, we care about the experienced racer as well as the motorsport enthusiast. The track is available both for experienced drivers and for people who attended our Circuit Experience course. You can enter a track day with any type of car.
Our track days are ideal to learn not only the limits of the car, but your own limits as well and in a safe way.
We differentiate between members and non-members. Membership costs 50€ for one year. The membership card will be issued on site, but must be paid in advance with the entry fee.
One session of free driving on the Zolder track lasts 60 or 120 minutes.
|Free driving session 1 (13:00-14:00)||€80||€90|
|Free driving session 2 (14:00-16:00)||€160||€180|
|Free driving session 3 (16:00-17:00)||€80||€90|
Co-drivers and passengers pay 20€ per person. For groups larger than 10 passengers/drivers, we charge a lump sum of 180€.
Helmets are required.
Please mind the current noise limit at Zolder: 98dB.
In addition to Zolder, Skylimit Events regularly organizes track days at Spa-Francorchamps, the Nürburgring, Zandvoort, etc.
|noise limit||98 db|
About the track
The Zolder track was built in 1963 by Maurice Beliën. Ten years later, the first Grand Prix Formula1 took place here. Legendary pilots such as Jim Clark, Jochen Rindt, Jack Brabham, Jacky Stewart, Niki Lauda, Mario Andretti and many others had the honor to call themselves winners at the Zolder track. Besides the ten Formula1 GPs that took place between 1973 and 1984, the Zolder calendar also showed the DRM, later called the DTM championships.
The track is very divergent, the first part being very fast and fluent, with a second part that is highly technical. In racing, Zolder is a track that requires a compromise when it comes to the car’s set-up, which is why it is considered to be a “tough” track; high speeds require intense concentration and respect for the equipment. Turns like the Earste, Bianchi, the braking zone before the Villeneuve chicane and the Terlaemenbocht are the peaks of this track.
Highlight each year are the 24 Hours of Zolder; an endurance race that is a true exhausting battle. Every year, we are very pleased to see Skylimit customers enter this 24-hour race, often after only a year after their first Skylimit track day.
See You in Zolder!
- Helmet is always obligatory when on track.
- The free driving sessions are only open for drivers WITH experience. It is not allowed to rent your car to people without experience without an instructor.
- Yellow flag = DANGER! No passing, slow down and have respect for the officials and the other drivers on track.
Red flag = SESSION STOPPED! No passing, slow down and enter the pitlane.
- Each car needs to have light (in front and rear)! When the weather is bad, it can be obligatory to turn on the lights. If no lights available, you might not be allowed on track.
- TOW HOOK obligatory: If your car has no tow hook, it might not be allowed on track.
- PASSING: the slow car stays on the ideal racing line, the faster car passes next to the racing line. Passing can happen on left or right side.
- NOISE LIMIT ZOLDER: maximum 98 decibel. Your noise is measured 2 times per lap. If you break the limit you will get a black flag, you sign the paper and try to repair. After the second black flag for going over the noise limit the car may no longer drive that day!
- Windows have to be 75% closed when on track.
- The rental cars of Skylimit Events are insured. The own risk is 2500€ for the Clubsport BMW E90 and 1500€ for the BMW E36 school cars.
- Zolder: Trucks, busses with trailer can only enter the pitlane before 9 AM, between 12:00 and 13:00 and after 18:00.
- In Francorchamps the noise limit is 103 decibel.
- All damages after touching the guardrails, tirewalls, etc. will be billed to the driver.
- Trackdays are no competitions! They are only there to improve your drivers skills and to learn the track. There is no laptiming and we don't use these days to reach the maximum speed of the car.
- Minimum age in Zolder for drivers and passengers is 16. In Spa and the Nürburgring the minimum age is 18 years